Weddings at St Mary Redcliffe
In order to be eligible to be married at St Mary Redcliffe, one or both of the partners to be married need to be living in the Parish of St Mary Redcliffe, or have a ‘qualifying connection’ with this Church.
Qualifying connections are as follows:
- One partner was baptised in the Parish
- One partner has been confirmed and was prepared for confirmation in the Parish
- One partner has at any time lived in the Parish for at least 6 months
- One partner has at any time regularly attended public worship in the Parish for at least 6
- A parent has lived in the Parish for at least 6 months at any time after that partner was born
- A parent has regularly attended public worship in the Parish for at least 6 months at any time
after that partner was born*
- A parent or grandparent was married in the Parish
In all cases – i.e. worship, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
Connections through St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School
If a partner went through St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School, it is possible that this is sufficient connection because of the regular attendance via the school at the church, although it is worth noting that the school does not hold records from before 1970.
New Attendance Procedure
In order to be connected by attendance, it is necessary to establish having worshipped here frequently over at least a 6-month period. It is hoped that you seriously intend to remain connected to the church if you qualify in this way. A signed attendance sheet covering six months, must completed before a booking will be taken.
St Mary Redcliffe is happy to consider the marriage of divorcees, but the Decree Absolute must be in the possession of the divorcee before initiating arrangements with us, before booking a provisional wedding date or wedding interview.
If a criteria can be established as above, then an arrangement for the couple to be interviewed by the priest of this church will be arranged. Not until after this process will a booking date be confirmed.
Weddings for 2017 & 2018 are now being considered. The diary for 2019 will not be opened yet, though general enquiries as to eligibility are welcome.
Please contact the parish office for further information.
Tel: 0117 231 0060